HP Printer Assistant is a printing software that helps users troubleshoot common issues with HP Printer and gives you access to help resources and device information. You can use the software to check the ink levels on your printer, scan documents, and order additional supplies for your HP Printer. It is designed to help HP users resolve errors through automated fixes. HP Assistant has a variety of self-help options and tech support resources to identify and solve almost any technical error you may encounter on your HP device. You can double click the HP Printer icon on your desktop to check if HP Printer Assistant is installed on your computer or not. If you cannot find the Printer Assistant, you can refer to the steps given in this article to download HP Printer Assistant and install it on your computer. If you want to know more about the different features of the software, you can call the HP Printer support number and ask for additional technical assistance.
Steps for HP printer assistant Windows 10 download
Usually, when you install the HP Printer software on your computer, whether you use the HP website or the CD, the Printer Assistant tool is automatically installed on your Windows computer. However, if you cannot find the Printer Assistant, you can refer to the instructions given below to download the HP Printer Assistant for your Windows 10 device:
- Turn off your HP printer and disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Use the browser and visit HP Software and Driver downloads page.
- Click the ‘Printer’ option and enter your HP printer model number.
- Wait for the software page to display the operating system selected.
- You can manually change the operating system by clicking ‘Change.’
- Go to the ‘Driver’ section and press ‘Download.’
For the installation type you can select ‘Typical’ or ‘Recommended’ and proceed with the HP Printer Assistant software installation.
Steps to reconnect your HP Printer using Printer Assistant
Sometime when you upgrade your Windows computer to a newer version, like Windows 10, you will be required to reconnect your HP Printer before you can use HP Printer Assistant. You can refer to the steps below to reconnect your printer and open HP Printer Assistant:
- Click the option to connect a new printer
- Select the connection type and complete the on-screen instructions
- Press the power button and switch off your HP Printer
- Close all the open programs and reboot your computer
- Click on the printer icon and open HP Printer Assistant
If you find that HP Printer Assistant does not open you can call the HP Printer support number and speak to a certified expert to find out how you can troubleshoot the problem. A team of HP Printer experts is available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you the best solution to fix any issues related to the HP Printer Assistant software installed on your Windows 10 device.